There's still time to register for our annual That's Quality! programme for student officers and students’ association staff ...don't miss out on this great opportunity!
The 2023 event is split into three parts:
- The first part of That’s Quality! is a half-day, sector-specific online event.
- The second part will be an online self-study module, which will provide officers with a more detailed overview of quality in Scotland and is designed to be used throughout an officer’s time in office.
- Finally, attendees of both events will be invited to a joint, two-day, in-person training event in August. The two-day event will be residential, with a dinner on the first evening, allowing for social and networking opportunities.
This final joint event will be an opportunity for interactive group activities which will allow attendees to explore what they have learnt in practice and to network with colleagues from across the tertiary sector.
This is a three-part training course and attendees are required to attend both the online session and the joint event, as well as completing the self-study module.
The hashtag for the event, for use on Twitter, is #sparqsTQ
That’s Quality! is aimed at new and returning student officers and students' association staff with an education remit. It will provide a valuable addition to your planned induction for new officers - introducing participants to the quality enhancement agenda, looking at why quality matters to students and how to use it to make change. It can form a part of wider education officer inductions, as supported in our recently published induction toolkit for 2023-24.
Dates and details
The details of the three-part event package are as follows:
Part 1: half-day, online event on Thursday 6th July 2023 via Zoom.
- Colleges – 10.00am-1.00pm
- Universities – 2.00pm-5.00pm
Part 2: completion of an online, self-study module.
Part 3: two-day residential event (jointly with both college and university delegates) on Monday 7th & Tuesday 8th August 2023, Queen Margaret University, Musselburgh.
The cost of the three-part package is £95 per delegate. The cost includes dinner, bed and breakfast at the residential event (accommodation is in single rooms). sparqs will cover all the other event costs, e.g. meeting rooms, catering and development of all online materials.
Register to attend
See the event booking page on our website for further details and to register for a place on the programme.
If you have any questions or concerns around booking onto the full package, please contact Eve Lewis, Director (email@example.com) or Nicola Cameron, Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information about That’s Quality! in general, please contact Megan Brown, Development Consultant: email@example.com.