Our annual That's Quality! programme for student officers and students’ association got off to a great start on Thursday 6th July, concluding with a 2-day residential event on Monday 7th and Tuesday 8th August 2023
The 2023 event is split into three parts:
- The first part of That’s Quality! is a half-day, sector-specific online event (which took place on 6th July).
- The second part is an online self-study module, providing officers with a more detailed overview of quality in Scotland and is designed to be used throughout an officer’s time in office.
- Finally, attendees of both events come together for a joint, two-day, in-person training event in August. The two-day event is residential, with a dinner on the first evening, allowing for social and networking opportunities.
This final joint event is an opportunity for interactive group activities which will allow attendees to explore what they have learnt in practice and to network with colleagues from across the tertiary sector.
The hashtag for the event, for use on Twitter, is #sparqsTQ
That’s Quality! is aimed at new and returning student officers and students' association staff with an education remit. It provides a valuable addition to your planned induction for new officers - introducing participants to the quality enhancement agenda, looking at why quality matters to students and how to use it to make change. It can form a part of wider education officer inductions, as supported in our recently published induction toolkit for 2023-24.
Dates and details
The details of the three-part event package are as follows:
Part 1: half-day, online event on Thursday 6th July 2023 via Zoom.
- Colleges – 10.00am-1.00pm
- Universities – 2.00pm-5.00pm
Part 2: completion of an online, self-study module.
Part 3: two-day residential event (jointly with both college and university delegates) on Monday 7th & Tuesday 8th August 2023, Queen Margaret University, Musselburgh.
The cost of the three-part package is £95 per delegate. The cost includes dinner, bed and breakfast at the residential event (accommodation is in single rooms). sparqs will cover all the other event costs, e.g. meeting rooms, catering and development of all online materials.
Event details and materials
See the event page for further details. The materials from the online sessions held on 6th July are also available on the event page and the materials from 7th and 8th August will be uploaded in due course.
If you have any questions or concerns around booking onto the full package, please contact Eve Lewis, Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nicola Cameron, Business Manager (email@example.com).
For further information about That’s Quality! in general, please contact Megan Brown, Development Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org.