Our 2020-21 Associate Trainer recruitment is now closed, as of 12noon on Friday 15th May 2020. The recruitment page will remain on the website until the recruitment process is complete.
Calling all course reps and apprentice reps!
- Do you have experience as a course rep or apprentice rep?
- Will you be a student or apprentice during 2020-21?
....if so, and you would like to earn some income, apply to be a sparqs Associate Trainer to train student representatives during academic year 2020-21!
While the method of training may need to be adapted in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the role will be more important than ever, to ensure the student voice is heard throughout what will inevitably be a challenging academic year for all.
No previous training experience is required, we will provide comprehensive training at our annual training event on 25th-28th August 2020 (now taking place in an online format, in the light of the current crisis). The role offers a competitive hourly rate of pay and flexible working hours to fit in with your studies.
Here’s what previous trainers have said about the role:
- “What started as a part-time job when I was studying for my course has led on to so much more".
- "Working as an AT for sparqs for over 3 years enabled me to really develop my skills as a trainer; performing this role led directly on to me becoming a college lecturer".
- "The AT role is a great job for students as you can fit it round your studies, there are lots of amazing personal development from sparqs and you get paid to meet lots of lovely students".
- Applications open ~ Monday 9th March 2020
- Deadline for submitting applications ~ 12noon on Friday 15th May 2020
- Interviews will be held on 8th June 2020 via skype.
- Mandatory 4-day training event ~ Tuesday 25th August to Friday 28th August 2020 - now taking place in an online format, in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
How to apply
See the recruitment webpage for full information and application details.
It’s a great opportunity and we'd be obliged if institutions and students' associations could please circulate this information to any eligible students and apprentices who may be interested. Thank you!
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Nicola McIntosh, Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org