During the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, our dedicated hub will provide information about sparqs' refocused work plans, our forthcoming online events and support, as well as signposts to other relevant comms and resources which we feel may be of use to sector colleagues.
sparqs is concentrating on supporting the sector to put the student voice at the centre of decision making in the months ahead, as everyone responds to the challenges of the COVID-19 crisis.
At the heart of all our support will be two key themes:
- Ensuring the diversity of the student voice is heard when decisions are taken; and
- Supporting students to shape changes to learning in a way that supports student wellbeing and mental health.
Following approval by our Joint (college and university) Advisory Group, sparqs’ work plans have been readjusted to focus on a smaller number of key projects that meet the needs of the sector at this time.
We will deliver in nine key areas:
- Key messages on the importance of student voice in decision making at senior level.
- Direct communications for course reps.
- Operating and supporting course rep systems.
- Course Rep Training.
- Officer induction and support.
- Effect on the Student Learning Experience.
- Institutional Support.
- Quality arrangements and sector support.
- Networks and Advisory groups.
Key activities in these areas are already taking shape in the form of briefing notes, events and resources, more information about which can be found on our hub.
Our system of institutional contacts, networks and advisory groups will continue to shape our support and ensure resources get to those who need them in a timely manner.
Where institutions are facing particular challenges, they are strongly urged to get in touch. Our priority is giving you the support you need to ensure rep systems are in place and able to deliver student views. If you need additional support to do this, please let us know.
Please contact Eve Lewis, Director, if there is any aspect of our work you would like to discuss – email@example.com