College Development Network
Airthrey Castle, Hermitage Road
Tel: 01786 272400
We are inviting student officers and SA staff to attend this HGIOC (How good is our college?) event for the full day, with a member of their quality staff invited to join from lunch onwards, for the afternoon session.
The event is designed to help officers consolidate their knowledge and consider quality arrangements within the college to help shape their work plans for the rest of the year. The event will also offer the opportunity for officers to work with key staff from the college to build a shared understanding of roles and responsibilities.
The first part of the event will be aimed at college student officers and students’ association staff, to help inform you about college quality arrangements, plan your involvement for the year and allow you to feed into upcoming sector meetings.
The session will support student officers and quality staff to:
- Develop a deeper understanding of the quality arrangements.
- Review and use sparqs engagement tools.
- Work together to build a shared understanding of roles and responsibilities throughout the HGIOC process.
- Shape work plans for the year ahead.
Prior to attending, we recommend that officers and SA staff should:
- Familiarise themselves with the HGIOC framework – details and useful links can be found on our That’s Quality! event page.
- Get in contact with their quality team to ensure they are involved in the development of the Evaluative Report and Enhancement Plan for 2017-18 which is due to be submitted in October.
- Start planning students’ association involvement in the next phase of implementation within their college.
College student officers/SA staff are invited to join us at 10.00am. for refreshments before we begin at 10.30am and quality staff are invited to join us from 12.45pm for a networking lunch and the afternoon session, which will begin at 1.30pm. We anticipate finishing at around 4.00pm. The event is free to attend.
There are 40 places available at the event, for 20 student officers/SA staff and 20 quality staff. Please note that we will accept all applications but may be in touch should we have issues with capacity to ensure we get as broad a representation of colleges as possible.
The event hashtag, for use on Twitter, is #sparqsHGIOC
For queries and further information, please contact Steph Kirkham, Development Consultant – email@example.com - 07880192722