This half day event was aimed at students who will be sitting as members of the College Board or Regional Board. Following on from the College Student Leadership event held on 8th & 9th July 2014, participants found out what it means to be a student board member and developed the skills they will need to do this effectively. The event was also an opportunity to network with new and returning student board members to learn from each other’s experiences and support one another during the year.
- Understand the role of College and Regional Boards and who sits on them.
- Explore the role and purpose of the student place on the board.
- Learn how to become an effective and influential member of the board.
- Understand how to effectively represent the voice of students and to create allies on the board.
By the end of the session participants should:
- Have had the opportunity to read board papers and practice prioritising information.
- Be able to explain the purpose of the board and their role as a board member.
- Have identified how to influence the board and how to be an effective board member.
Materials from the day:
The event began at 10.00am and finished at 1.00pm.
NB: there was originally an additional intake of this event planned for 21st October which was cancelled due to low numbers.
For further information contact Charlotte Lawley: