We are delighted to announce the appointment of an excellent team of student Associate Trainers for the coming academic year. The new team, including four returners from previous years, will begin delivering Course Rep Training from mid-September 2018 onwards (for which bookings are now open!). Their induction process begins this month, followed by our intensive three-day residential training at the end of the month, to equip them with the skills and knowledge to fulfil their role.
In an exciting addition this year, we have a new AT joining us to focus on the Pupil Voice schools project. sparqs has developed a series of resources aimed at developing the capacity, on a consultative basis, of pupil councils across schools in Scotland. Our new Pupil Voice AT, Caitlyn Rose, was a pupil at Braeview Academy in Dundee, the school that we used as a pilot for our pupil voice work. Caitlyn will be accompanying a sparqs Development Consultant to go out and deliver training to pupil reps in each of our participating schools.
The 2018-19 team are as follows and their biographies can be viewed on the staff page on our website:
- Clare Hunter - University of the West of Scotland
- Mel Kinkead - University of the West of Scotland
- Leo Seibert - University of Strathclyde
- Gary Donaldson - Edinburgh Napier University
- Stewart Kirkland - Edinburgh Napier University
- Emily Magkourilou - University of Aberdeen
- Francesca Penney - University of Glasgow
- Julia Johnstone - Glasgow School of Art
- Siliva Ramos - Heriot-Watt University
- Caitlyn Rose - University of Dundee
We know that you will join us in extending a warm welcome to them all.
In other recent sparqs team news..... we were pleased to welcome Stef Black back from her maternity leave in June, and we also wished a fond farewell to David Scott, who retired from sparqs at the end of June, and will be hugely missed!