We are delighted to introduce our excellent team of student Associate Trainers (ATs) for the coming academic year. The team includes two newly-recruited trainers and five returners from previous years, including one trainer who is returning for her fourth year as an AT!
The team will begin delivering Course Rep Training from week beginning 14th September 2020 onwards. Bookings are now open, as detailed in our CRT news article, which outlines the changes to the training and the booking process for the coming year.
The team's induction process began on 24th July, with an online induction day, which will soon be followed by our intensive, annual, three-day 'CRT Train the Trainer' event at the end of August, which will equip them with the skills and knowledge to fulfil their role. Instead of our usual residential training event, obviously this year the training will take place online, via videoconference, which is a fitting start to their training, given that they will subsequently be delivering this year's sparqs' Introductory Course Rep Training by videoconference!
The 2020-21 team are as follows and their biographies can be viewed on the staff page on our website:
- Clare Hunter - University of the West of Scotland
- Caraleigh McKenzie-Miller - completing her work-based apprenticeship, following studies at Glasgow Clyde College
- Andie Rae - University of Dundee
- Irina-Cristina Bogdan - Robert Gordon University
- Kirsty Turkington - University of the Highlands and Islands
- Olga Chatzifoti - Glasgow School of Art
- Rachel Hinde - Inverness College UHI (University of the Highlands and Islands)
We know that you will join us in extending a warm welcome to them all, in what will no doubt be a challenging but exciting year!