Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
An online interactive presentation of the sparqs Student Learning Experience model Perth College UHI
The Student Learning Experience model is a sparqs resource used in the face-to-face delivery of Introductory Student Rep Training.
Perth College UHI have developed an interactive version of this, that can be used both face-to-face and online, to create talking points around each element to promote engagement with the model and deepen learning.
Students drag-and-drop a number of statements onto which element of the Student Learning Experience they think it relates to. At the end, a score is generated that shows how many the students got ‘right’.
A discussion develops as students articulate their reasons for placing statements where they did. This in turn uncovers an additional aspect of the model:
- identification of items for priority action – those statements that can fit into more than one category have higher priority as they have a bigger impact on the overall Student Learning Experience.
Introduced in session 2012-13 online, and continued in both face-to-face and online delivery in 2013-14, student feedback on the model has been positive.
It is recommended that the full list of ‘right’ answers is supplied for those students with a positivist world view.
Online interactive resource file:
Note: When clicked this file will open in the browser.
Word Document resource file:
If you would like to discuss this resource or discuss further then please contact:
Name – Carole Saunders
Role – Quality Co-ordinator
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 01738 877 228
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Engaging Students in Online Distance Learning - sparqs
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Student Representative Handbook - Robert Gordon University