Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
An online interactive presentation of the sparqs Student Learning Experience model Perth College UHI
The Student Learning Experience model is a sparqs resource used in the face-to-face delivery of Introductory Student Rep Training.
Perth College UHI have developed an interactive version of this, that can be used both face-to-face and online, to create talking points around each element to promote engagement with the model and deepen learning.
Students drag-and-drop a number of statements onto which element of the Student Learning Experience they think it relates to. At the end, a score is generated that shows how many the students got ‘right’.
A discussion develops as students articulate their reasons for placing statements where they did. This in turn uncovers an additional aspect of the model:
- identification of items for priority action – those statements that can fit into more than one category have higher priority as they have a bigger impact on the overall Student Learning Experience.
Introduced in session 2012-13 online, and continued in both face-to-face and online delivery in 2013-14, student feedback on the model has been positive.
It is recommended that the full list of ‘right’ answers is supplied for those students with a positivist world view.
Online interactive resource file:
Note: When clicked this file will open in the browser.
Word Document resource file:
If you would like to discuss this resource or discuss further then please contact:
Name – Carole Saunders
Role – Quality Co-ordinator
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 01738 877 228
- Creating and reviewing student engagement roles - sparqs
- Supporting Sabbatical Officers as they leave office - University of St Andrews Students' Association
- Student Learning Experience model - sparqs
- Suggested questions for Course Reps to use 2023-24 - sparqs
- An induction guide for Academic Representation Co-ordinators - sparqs
- Enhancing the Student Led Teaching Awards (SLTA) Process - University of St Andrews Students Association
- Systematic Literature Review of "Hard to Reach" Students and methods of Inclusive Engagement - University of Cambridge
- Scottish Quality Concerns Scheme in context - student guide - sparqs
- Inclusive education research - The University of Edinburgh (Students as Change Agents programme)
- Professional standards framework for student engagement - sparqs
- Student Learning Experience (original tool) - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Students as active partners in shaping their learning experience - Leeds Trinity University College
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Supporting Senior Student Officers in Universities - sparqs
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
See other resources linked to the Student Engagement Framework here.
See all publications by sparqs here.
For all resources published by sparqs, see the "sparqs Resources" category in the list on the left, including the following: