We are delighted to announce the appointment of an excellent team of student Associate Trainers for the coming academic year. The new team, including a returner from last year, will begin delivering Course Rep Training from week beginning 16th September 2019 onwards (for which bookings are now open!).
Their induction process began in July, with an induction day at the sparqs offices in Edinburgh, which will soon be followed by our intensive three-day residential training in Stirling at the end of August, to equip them with the skills and knowledge to fulfil their role.
The 2019-20 team are as follows and their biographies can be viewed on the staff page on our website:
- Clare Hunter - University of the West of Scotland
- Rebecca MacLennan - University of Strathclyde
- Caraleigh McKenzie-Miller - Glasgow Clyde College
- Andie Rae - University of Dundee
- Irina-Cristina Bogdan - Robert Gordon University
- Bryony Beck - Lews Castle College UHI (distance learning)
- Kirsty Turkington - University of the Highlands and Islands
We know that you will join us in extending a warm welcome to them all.
In other sparqs team news..... we recently wished a fond farewell to Steph Kirkham, who will be hugely missed! Steph has been a valued Development Consultant, initially joining the team in November 2017 to cover maternity leave, working to support student engagement with national sector agencies, and university and college quality arrangements, policy developments and reviews. More recently she took over delivery and development of our pupil voice work and the Young Inspectors Programme within schools. Steph is moving on to an exciting new job at The University of Edinburgh and we wish her all the best in her new job!