'Student Engagement for All' #sparqs19
Thursday 28th March 2019 at Surgeons’ Hall, Edinburgh
Registration for the sparqs conference is now open! See the conference booking page to register ....book now to take advantage of the early-bird rates, available until Friday 18th January 2019.
The theme for the conference is ‘Student Engagement for All’. It will provide an opportunity to focus on and pull together activity from across the sector on student engagement in relation to widening access, equality and diversity, transitions, representation of non-traditional students, staff development…and more! The conference will provide an opportunity to showcase this work, share expertise and learn from good practice with colleagues from Scotland, the rest of the UK and beyond.
The day will comprise a mix of keynote presentations covering key sub-themes, complemented by a wide range of workshops, presentations and displays from colleges, universities, sector agencies and international partners from Europe and further afield.
The conference hashtag is #sparqs19
The registration fees are detailed below. Early-bird rates are available until Friday 18th January 2019, thereafter the higher rates will apply:
- Students studying in a Scottish institution - FREE
- Staff from a Scottish institution, students’ association or sector agency – £50 early-bird / £60 thereafter
- All delegates from outside Scotland (conference only) - £110 early-bird / £130 thereafter
- All delegates from outside Scotland (conference plus International Delegates' Day) - £220 early-bird / £260 thereafter.
In a fitting end to the day, the conference will be rounded off with the third sparqs’ Student Engagement Awards.
We are now inviting nominations from students’ associations and institutions across a range of categories, this year around the theme of ‘Student Engagement for All’. See the Awards webpage for all the details. Submissions covering the last couple of years are welcomed.... anything since the last Student Engagement Awards in March 2017.
The closing date for nominations has been extended until Friday 11th January 2019!
Please note tht nominations for 'Course Rep of the Year' will be invited in January 2019, for current reps, once we are further into the academic year.
The 2017 Awards were a huge success and we look forward once again to celebrating once again the innovative work going on in the sector!
Once again, we will be organising some optional pre-conference activities for our international delegates to ensure they get the most out of their trip to Scotland.
This will include an International Delegates’ Day on Wednesday 27th March, which will provide attendees with an opportunity to visit an institution and learn more about the Scottish context of student engagement (with some sightseeing and Scottish hospitality along the way!). Please note that there is a fee to cover the cost of this day, as outlined above.
Spanning the week of the conference, we are also organising some additional visits to institutions and sector agencies, which international delegates will be able to opt into depending on their interests and availability. There is no cost for these visits, but delegates will need to make their own travel arrangements as required.
See the International Delegate Programme page for all the details.
- Call for proposals open: Thursday 2nd August 2018.
- Call for proposals deadline: Friday 12th October 2018.
- Awards open for institutional/SA submissions: Friday 7th September 2018.
- Awards submissions deadline (institutional/SA): Friday 11th January 2019.
- Awards submissions open for Course Rep of the Year: Monday 7th January 2019.
- Awards submissions deadline (Course Rep of the Year): Friday 8th February 2019.
- Registration open (with early-bird rates): Wednesday 12th December 2018.
- Early-bird registration rate ends: Friday 18th January 2019.
- Registration closes: Friday 22nd February 2019.