Over the years we have developed and delivered a number of different training products for course reps in institutions within Scotland. These have been designed to enable students to fully engage with quality enhancement processes. While a number of institutions deliver their Introductory CRT via their own IAT schemes or other in-house systems, our wider range of products and materials may still be of interest.
Our Course Rep Training products are outlined below, some of which are available for delivery by sparqs Associate Trainers, and some of which are designed for institutions to deliver themselves, with support from sparqs if required. Further details and training materials can be accessed via the links below.
Training available for delivery by sparqs
- Introductory training
- Training for students with supported education needs
- Training for Apprentice Reps
- Training for senior phase school pupils in college
The 2019-20 booking form for the above products is accessible below, along with booking guidance, which should be read before requesting dates.
While sparqs offers delivery of the training for students with supported education needs, the full materials are available for download if institutions wish to deliver it in-house.
Materials available for institutional delivery
While the three products above are designed for institutions to download materials and deliver the training in-house, sparqs are happy to provide support where required, e.g. helping staff to deliver initial sessions, set up processes, adapt materials, etc.
Booking sparqs Course Rep Training for 2019-20
Before booking training, please read our guidance on booking sparqs Course Rep Training.
- The booking process is open, as of Friday 2nd August 2019.
- Training delivery will be available from week beginning 16th September 2019.
- Bookings should be made at least 3 weeks in advance of requested training dates.
- Course timings are detailed on the individual product pages, along with the numbers of delegates recommended for each session.
- Completed booking forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (as noted on the individual product pages, discussion will be required for bookings for Apprentice and Schools training, to ensure the sessions are appropriately tailored to institutional needs).
- If you have any queries about the booking process, please email email@example.com.
If you have any queries about the training materials, or if you would like support in tailoring our materials to meet institutional needs, please contact Stef Black, Development Consultant.