sparqs supports a network for student officers in universities and colleges who have an education-focused remit. The National Education Officers’ Network (NEON) was created in Autumn 2019 to provide an opportunity for officers from colleges and universities across Scotland to discuss and work on key sector issues together.
The network engages participants in discussions around key learning, teaching and quality related sector developments, provides an opportunity for officers to share best practice, and allows for cross-institutional working on initiatives and projects.
The network was set up in response to feedback from student officers who have expressed the need for a national officer network with members from both universities and colleges. Unlike many national networks, NEON therefore allows for discussions across the full breadth of the FE and HE sectors.
Suggestions are always welcome for topics for NEON meetings. If you would like to propose anything, please contact Denise McCaig.
2020-21 NEON Meetings
The network usually meets three times each academic year. However, to give officers a chance to meet regularly over the coming months, we are running more frequent NEON events during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis:
- NEON informal catch-up for university officers - Thursday 20th August 2020
A catch-up for the network's university officers only, as college officers already had our two-day That’s Quality! Colleges event during August and we were mindful of the significant time commitment which that already involved.
- see the event page for more information and to view the materials from the catch-up.
- NEON event for both college and university officers - Wednesday 7th October 2020
- see the event page for further information and to view the materials from the session.
- NEON event for both college and university officers - Tuesday 24th November 2020
- see the event page for more information and to view the materials from the day.
- NEON event for both college and university officers - Thursday 21st January 2021
- see the event booking page to register to attend. The meeting is taking place online, from 10.00am until 12.45pm.
- Thursday 14th November 2019 at Glasgow Caledonian University
- see the event page for materials from the inaugural meeting.
- Wednesday 19th February 2020 at Fife College, Dunfermline Campus
- see the event page for materials from the second meeting.
- Thursday 7th May 2020 - online event due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic
- see the event page for further information and the materials from the third meeting.
For more information, or any queries related to the network, please contact Megan Brown.