sparqs supports a network for student officers in universities and colleges who have an education-focused remit. The National Education Officers’ Network (NEON) was created in Autumn 2019 to provide an opportunity for officers from colleges and universities across Scotland to discuss and work on key sector issues together.
The network engages participants in discussions around key learning, teaching and quality related sector developments, provides an opportunity for officers to share best practice, and allows for cross-institutional working on initiatives and projects.
The network was set up in response to feedback from student officers who have expressed the need for a national officer network with members from both universities and colleges. Unlike many national networks, NEON therefore allows for discussions across the full breadth of the FE and HE sectors.
Suggestions are always welcome for topics for NEON meetings. If you would like to propose anything, please contact Megan Brown.
2020-21 NEON Meetings
The network usually meets three times each academic year. However, to give officers a chance to meet regularly over the coming months, we will be running more frequent NEON events over the summer, the first of which is open to book:
- NEON informal catch-up for university officers - Thursday 20th August 2020
Please note that this meeting is aimed at university officers only, as college officers already have our two-day That’s Quality! Colleges event during August and we are mindful of the significant time commitment which that already involves.
- see the event booking page for more information and to sign-up to join us.
- NEON event for both college and university officers - Wednesday 7th October 2020
- please all save the date for now - registration will open nearer the time.
- Thursday 14th November 2019 at Glasgow Caledonian University
- see the event page for materials from the inaugural meeting.
- Wednesday 19th February 2020 at Fife College, Dunfermline Campus
- see the event page for materials from the second meeting.
- Thursday 7th May 2020 - online event due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic
- see the event page for further information and the materials from the third meeting.
For more information, or any queries related to the network, please contact Megan Brown.