sparqs supports a network for student officers in universities and colleges who have an education-focused remit. The National Education Officers’ Network (NEON) was created in Autumn 2019 to provide an opportunity for officers from colleges and universities across Scotland to discuss and work on key sector issues together.
The network engages participants in discussions around key learning, teaching and quality related sector developments, provides an opportunity for officers to share best practice, and allows for cross-institutional working on initiatives and projects.
The network was set up in response to feedback from student officers who have expressed the need for a national officer network with members from both universities and colleges. Unlike many national networks, NEON therefore allows for discussions across the full breadth of the FE and HE sectors.
Suggestions are always welcome for topics for NEON meetings. If you would like to propose anything, please contact Megan Brown.
2019-20 NEON Meetings
The network will meet three times each academic year and the 2019-20 dates are as follows:
- Thursday 14th November 2019 at Glasgow Caledonian University
- see the event page for materials from the inaugural meeting.
- Wednesday 19th February 2020 at Fife College, Dunfermline Campus
- see the event page for materials from the second meeting.
- Thursday 7th May 2020 - online event due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic
- see the event booking page to register to participate in the online meeting.
For more information, or any queries related to the network, please contact Megan Brown.