sparqs 2021-22 Associate Trainer recruitment is open for applications
- deadline 9.00am, Monday 17th May 2021!
Calling all course reps and apprentice reps!
- Do you have experience as a course rep or apprentice rep?
- Will you be a student or apprentice during 2021-22?
If so, and you would like to earn some income, apply to be a sparqs' Associate Trainer to train student representatives during academic year 2021-22!
No previous training experience is required, we will provide comprehensive training at our annual 3-day training event on 24th-26th August 2021, taking place online via Zoom. The role offers a competitive hourly rate of pay and flexible working hours to fit in with your studies.
During 2020-21, all CRT was delivered online as a result of COVID-19 and, at the time of recruiting, it is envisaged that training will continue online during 2021-22. However, it is possible that some sessions may be delivered in-person later in the academic year, if permitted under COVID regulations.
Here’s what previous trainers have said about the role:
- “What started as a part-time job when I was studying for my course has led on to so much more".
- "Working as an AT for sparqs for over 3 years enabled me to really develop my skills as a trainer; performing this role led directly on to me becoming a college lecturer".
- "The AT role is a great job for students as you can fit it round your studies, there are lots of amazing personal development from sparqs and you get paid to meet lots of lovely students".
- Applications open ~ Monday 29th March 2021.
- Deadline for submitting applications ~ 9.00am on Monday 17th May 2021.
- Interviews will be held - during 1st-4th June 2021 by video-conference (e.g. Zoom).
- Mandatory 3-day training event ~ Tuesday 24th August to Thursday 26th August 2021 via Zoom.
How to apply
See the recruitment webpage for full information and application details.
Please share with students...
It’s a great opportunity and we'd be obliged if institutions and students' associations could please circulate this information to any eligible students who may be interested. We have produced a short recruitment flyer which you may want to circulate.
We are keen to hear from dedicated and self-motivated students who have experience of the course rep role and with the skills to deliver our training workshop. They might be course reps or lead reps, they may already deliver training and they may have experience of working in partnership with staff.
Queries and further information
If anyone would like to discuss the role, please contact Justin Walker, Development Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org