The aim of That's Quality! Universities is to equip participants with the knowledge and ability to be an effective students' association education officer.
Delegates were required to complete a short online training module prior to the event. The online module provided essential background information and thus successful participation in the online two-day training. A link to the module was sent to registered attendees in advance of the event.
Through That’s Quality training (which is comprised of the online face-to-face training event and compulsory online module) delegates ganed an understanding of:
- Student partnership and why it is important.
- The role of national agencies and how they support your work.
- The national quality arrangements that assure the quality of universities in Scotland.
- Different developments in the sector and how you can engage with these to improve your students’ learning experience.
- The role of Education Officers during COVID-19.
See the materials from the event below:
'Meet the agencies' panel session presentations:
- Scottish Funding Council
- Advance HE
- QAA Scotland
- The University of Edinburgh
- Universities Scotland
- NUS Scotland
The event hashtag, for use on Twitter, was #sparqsTQU21
This event was for student officers with an education remit, students’ association staff and senior reps/executive officers.
Event costs and terms and conditions
This event was free, but participants were required to register in advance and complete the online module.
The course began at 9.30am and finished by 2.30pm on both days.
There were breaks and time for individual reflection and work away from the computer throughout the two days.
For further information about this event, please contact Megan Brown Development Consultant – Megan.Brown@sparqs.ac.uk - 07469354245