The aim of this event was to draw together co-ordinators of course rep training in universities and colleges for networking, training and development.
The day’s theme was the ongoing training and development of reps, following the usual autumn introductory training.
- An overview from sparqs about its own materials to provide ongoing support to course reps.
- Sector-specific sessions on key developments in universities and colleges, and how to train course reps in them.
- Presentations of good practice from universities and colleges of programmes for ongoing support of reps.
You can view the materials from the day:
- Main Presentation
- Course Rep engagement in the Enhancement Themes Presentation
- Student Satisfaction and Engagement Survey Presentation
- Institutional Case Study - Forth Valley College
- Institutional Case Study - University of the West of Scotland
In addition, launched at the event, was our newly published Recognition and Accreditation of Academic Reps Guidance.
The event hashtag, for use on Twitter, was #sparqsCRTcn
The day ran from 10.30am to 4.00pm, and lunch and refreshments were provided.
This was the second in a series of events, see our 'Enhancing course rep activities' webpage for details of the other meetings, including materials from the first meeting in April 2015 and the dates of the forthcoming meetings in February and April 2016.
For more information, please contact Simon Varwell, sparqs Development Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org or 07815 938966.