This first Academic Representation Co-ordinators’ network meeting included a range of participative sessions – both to inform about key issues relating to academic representation, and to consult on developments in sparqs’ work.
Topics included postgraduate Course Rep Training, apprentice and school pupil engagement in colleges, and discussions on the latest developments in quality frameworks in both sectors. There was also a chance to shape the other two network meetings scheduled for later this academic year.
The hashtag for the event, for use on Twitter was #sparqsARC
You can view the materials from the day below:
- Course Rep opportunity profile
- Course Rep systems development cover sheets
- Apprentice and pupil information and planning sheet
- Apprentice Voice presentation
- PGT CRT planning tool
- PGT CRT presentation
- College quality presentation
- Education Scotland draft quality indicators
- Quality frameworks planning tool
- sparqs QEF consultation response
- University quality presentation
- sparqs ODL project plan
- sparqs projects cover sheets
- sparqs TNE summary and proposal paper
The event began at 10.30am, with refreshments available from 10.00am, and finished at 4.00pm. Lunch was provided, and the event was free to attend. The network meetings provisionally allow one place per institution, for a staff member with an academic representation co-ordination role.
If you want to discuss this event further please contact Simon Varwell, Development Consultant – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07815 938966.