Audience: Aimed at college student officers and students’ association staff.
It provided a comprehensive introduction to national arrangements and procedures that help colleges ensure the best possible learning experience for their students. Participants considered how best to use these arrangements and procedures in their roles in order to identify and bring about change for their students.
This training is a valuable part of induction for newly elected student officers and provides the opportunity to network and work with fellow student officers and students’ association staff.
By the end of the event, participants gained an understanding of:
- The role of national agencies and how they support their work.
- Student partnership and why it is important.
- The national quality arrangements that assure the quality of colleges in Scotland.
- How to use data to improve students’ learning experience.
The materials for the day can be viewed below:
- College Quality Glossary
- NUS Student Engagement in Gender Action Plans briefing
- SFC College Student Satisfaction and Engagement Survey Guidance 2016-17
- Education Scotland How good is our college? framework
- How good is our college? mapped to the Student Engagement Framework for Scotland
- Student Engagement Framework for Scotland
The event hashtag was - #TQ17college
The event was free to attend and lunch and refreshments were provided. The event opened at 10am and finished around 5.00pm.
For further information about this event, please contact Hannah Clarke, Development Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org