Effective Participation in Meetings - Perth College UHI
An online interactive presentation of the sparqs Before, During and After model for effective participation in meetings.
An exercise within sparqs Introductory Student Rep Training covers what tasks need to be completed before, during and after meetings for effective participation.
Perth College UHI have developed an interactive version of this, that can be used both face-to-face and online, to embed the tasks and improve the effectiveness of student participation in quality processes.
Students drag-and-drop a number of tasks into columns for when they should be done. At the end, a score is generated that shows how many the students got ‘right’. The session is debriefed as a discussion to describe when it is most effective to complete tasks, and why. Students also complete a reflective questionnaire to check their understanding.
Introduced in session 2012-13 online, and continued in both face-to-face and online delivery in 2013-14, student feedback on the model has been positive.
Online resource file:
Note: When chosen this file will be displayed in your browser.
Word Document resource file:
If you would like to discuss this resource or discuss further then please contact:
Name – Carole Saunders
Role – Quality Co-ordinator
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 01738 877 228
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- Student Representative Handbook - Robert Gordon University
- Effective Participation in Meetings - Perth College UHI
- Engaging Students in Online Distance Learning - sparqs