Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
This ladder was developed in 1969 in the context of citizen involvement in planning processes in the United States. It has been widely adapted in other sectors, including education. It provides a good basis for thinking about the nature of involvement beyond merely consultation and potentially even deeper than partnership.
You can download the original article, while sparqs has developed a version of the ladder that explains each step and can be an accessible discussion tool.
- Creating and reviewing student engagement roles - sparqs
- Supporting Sabbatical Officers as they leave office - University of St Andrews Students' Association
- Student Learning Experience model - sparqs
- Suggested questions for Course Reps to use 2023-24 - sparqs
- An induction guide for Academic Representation Co-ordinators - sparqs
- Enhancing the Student Led Teaching Awards (SLTA) Process - University of St Andrews Students Association
- Systematic Literature Review of "Hard to Reach" Students and methods of Inclusive Engagement - University of Cambridge
- Scottish Quality Concerns Scheme in context - student guide - sparqs
- Inclusive education research - The University of Edinburgh (Students as Change Agents programme)
- Professional standards framework for student engagement - sparqs
- Student Learning Experience (original tool) - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Students as active partners in shaping their learning experience - Leeds Trinity University College
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Supporting Senior Student Officers in Universities - sparqs
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
See other resources linked to the Student Engagement Framework here.
See all publications by sparqs here.
For all resources published by sparqs, see the "sparqs Resources" category in the list on the left, including the following: