Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
The Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students' Associations in Scotland is housed on a dedicated SA Framework website, which contains supporting documentation, including a Self-Evaluation and Development Planning Tool, useful links and information around the continued support offered by NUS Scotland and sparqs.
The Framework was developed by the Scottish Government, NUS Scotland and the Scottish Funding Council, and also endorsed by Colleges Scotland. It was developed following the 2012 Griggs Report recommendation which set out a series of principles which it recommended for students' associations in the regionalised college sector. The report said students' associations should be sustainable, autonomous and appropriately funded.
The Scottish Government agreed with this recommendation, and in August 2013 the Scottish Funding Council announced the establishment of a working group tasked with creating best practice guidance on creating strong students' associations.
Visit the Framework website for all the resources and more information: www.saframework.net
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- Student Representative Handbook - Robert Gordon University
- Effective Participation in Meetings - Perth College UHI
- Engaging Students in Online Distance Learning - sparqs