Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
The Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students' Associations in Scotland is housed on a dedicated SA Framework website, which contains supporting documentation, including a Self-Evaluation and Development Planning Tool, useful links and information around the continued support offered by NUS Scotland and sparqs.
The Framework was developed by the Scottish Government, NUS Scotland and the Scottish Funding Council, and also endorsed by Colleges Scotland. It was developed following the 2012 Griggs Report recommendation which set out a series of principles which it recommended for students' associations in the regionalised college sector. The report said students' associations should be sustainable, autonomous and appropriately funded.
The Scottish Government agreed with this recommendation, and in August 2013 the Scottish Funding Council announced the establishment of a working group tasked with creating best practice guidance on creating strong students' associations.
Visit the Framework website for all the resources and more information: www.saframework.net
- Creating and reviewing student engagement roles - sparqs
- Supporting Sabbatical Officers as they leave office - University of St Andrews Students' Association
- Student Learning Experience model - sparqs
- Suggested questions for Course Reps to use 2023-24 - sparqs
- An induction guide for Academic Representation Co-ordinators - sparqs
- Enhancing the Student Led Teaching Awards (SLTA) Process - University of St Andrews Students Association
- Systematic Literature Review of "Hard to Reach" Students and methods of Inclusive Engagement - University of Cambridge
- Scottish Quality Concerns Scheme in context - student guide - sparqs
- Inclusive education research - The University of Edinburgh (Students as Change Agents programme)
- Professional standards framework for student engagement - sparqs
- Student Learning Experience (original tool) - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Students as active partners in shaping their learning experience - Leeds Trinity University College
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Supporting Senior Student Officers in Universities - sparqs
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
See other resources linked to the Student Engagement Framework here.
See all publications by sparqs here.
For all resources published by sparqs, see the "sparqs Resources" category in the list on the left, including the following: