Engaging students in Institution-led Review - Executive Summary - sparqs
An executive summary of the Engaging students in Institution-led Review practice guide for universities and students' associations - excluding much of the background information and sectoral content contained in the full guide.
This document gives a short overview of the practice guide and links to the full publication, which was developed in conjunction with The Robert Gordon University's Gray's School of Art and IT Services department.
The guide was produced to help schools, departments or sections in universities who are undergoing Institution-led Review to engage their students and student representatives throughout the process.
It is aimed primarily at those preparing for reviews, such as departmental senior management, quality administrators or school/department student officers. As student engagement is a core ingredient of the process, it is recommended that those leading a department or section’s review preparation engage with relevant student representatives at the earliest opportunity to read through the guide and consider the questions it raises.
The sector’s approach to reviews is being revised and redeveloped as part of a planned review of Scotland’s quality arrangements with revised arrangements due to be in place for academic year 2017-18. The guide explores a range of practices and approaches that can support student engagement in review and will be transferable as revised arrangements develop. However, once the arrangements for 2017-18 are published we will review the guide accordingly.
For futher information contact Simon Varwell, sparqs Development Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Student Representative Handbook - Robert Gordon University
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- Effective Participation in Meetings - Perth College UHI
- Class Rep Health Check Activity - Perth College UHI
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice