ELIR Cycle 4 Practice Guide - sparqs
To support meaningful student engagement throughout the ELIR (Enhancement-led Institutional Review) process, sparqs has produced an ELIR Cycle 4 practice guide for students' association reps and staff. It provides context and background to the process and makes suggestions of ‘what you need to do’ at each stage of the process. These tips are built on good practice in the sector and the experience of sparqs and QAA Scotland. They are particularly relevant to students’ association representatives and staff but are useful to consider for anyone involved in the review.
ELIR cycle 4 runs between 2017-2022 and more details about the process, and definitive guidance, can be found in QAA Scotland’s ELIR 4 Handbook. QAA Scotland have also published ‘Preparing for Enhancement-led Institutional Review’ which provides advice and guidance for institutions on how to approach ELIR.
The sparqs practice guide is designed to complement these QAA publications.
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Engaging Students in Online Distance Learning - sparqs
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Student Representative Handbook - Robert Gordon University