A toolkit for effective learner engagement - sparqs and Education Scotland
Developed in partnership by sparqs and Education Scotland,, the toolkit is desinged to support student engagement in Scotland’s colleges in the ‘recovery year’ of 2020-21.
The resource is aligned to, and intended to be used alongside, the Education Scotland resources ‘Our Best Future’ and sparqs’ Student Learning Experience tool, to effectively support colleges and staff to engage their students to better understand the impact of the pandemic on the Student Learning Experience.
Each section explores the importance of learner engagement, as well as the expectations set out within the ‘Our Best Future’ resources. There is a list of questions for colleges to consider, which will assist them in focusing on engaging with their learners and consider the different ways to ensure students are engaged and able to shape and influence changes to the planning and delivery of services, including the vital role the students’ association and course reps play.
There is also a selection of key questions from the sparqs’ Student Learning Experience tool that colleges can utilise to ask learners how the pandemic has impacted on their learning experience.
The resource is intended to help colleges to not only think about short-term engagement from learners in responding to COVID-19, but also how learners can be engaged in longer-term evaluation and enhancement and planning for the future.
For further information, please contact Stef Black - email@example.com
- Suggested questions for Course Reps to use 2023-24 - sparqs
- An induction guide for Academic Representation Co-ordinators - sparqs
- Enhancing the Student Led Teaching Awards (SLTA) Process - University of St Andrews Students Association
- Systematic Literature Review of "Hard to Reach" Students and methods of Inclusive Engagement - University of Cambridge
- Scottish Quality Concerns Scheme in context - student guide - sparqs
- Inclusive education research - The University of Edinburgh (Students as Change Agents programme)
- Professional standards framework for student engagement - sparqs
- Methodology for Strategic Conversations - sparqs (DCSA project)
- Decolonising the Curriculum from a student perspective - University of Glasgow
- Full Circle Feedback on the Student Rep Experience: From Rep to Staff - Robert Gordon University
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Students as active partners in shaping their learning experience - Leeds Trinity University College
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- Engaging Students in Online Distance Learning - sparqs