Mastersness Toolkit - QAA Scotland
The Masterness toolkit is designed to facilitate discussions and debate between all of those involved in the postgraduate student experience about the nature of master's level study.
The toolkit has been designed to be as fluid as possible - there is no 'right way to use it' and indeed QAA Scotland encourage people to develop and refine it and use it in any way they think would be helpful.
The toolkit comprises a set of 'facet' cards, a handbook, a leaflet, a background paper and a synthesis of case studies.
Each 'facet' card describes and defines a 'facet' of master's level study and gives examples of learning and teaching practices designed to develop that facet. The facets are:
- Research and Enquiry
View the toolkit on QAA Scotland's website.
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Engaging Students in Online Distance Learning - sparqs
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Student Representative Handbook - Robert Gordon University