Student Engagement in Gender Action Plans - Benchmarking & Development Tool - sparqs
A tool to support colleges and universities across Scotland to improve student engagement in the design and delivery of their Gender Action Plans (GAPs).
Developed in partnership with NUS Scotland, Advance HE (formerly the Equality Challenge Unit) and Equate Scotland, the tool is designed to help you consider your institution’s current level of student engagement in GAP design and delivery, and what actions you and colleagues can take to bring about enhancements.
The tool comprises five sections, each relating to a different element of the GAP ‘life-cycle’. For each element, the tool describes three improving stages of activity to improve student engagement, from ‘First steps’, through ‘Developing’ to ‘Best practice’. Example activities are detailed in relation to each stage, providing you with an accessible method for benchmarking current activity, as well as practical examples for enhancing it.
The Benchmarking and Development Tool was developed as part of our GAP project with NUS Scotland, in which we worked closely with eight institutions over four months to improve student engagement. Many thanks to the four colleges and four universities which trialled a pilot version of the tool as part of the project, and for their very useful and informative feedback. See our GAPs webpage for further details of the project and the list of the institutions involved.
- Suggested questions for Course Reps to use 2023-24 - sparqs
- An induction guide for Academic Representation Co-ordinators - sparqs
- Enhancing the Student Led Teaching Awards (SLTA) Process - University of St Andrews Students Association
- Systematic Literature Review of "Hard to Reach" Students and methods of Inclusive Engagement - University of Cambridge
- Scottish Quality Concerns Scheme in context - student guide - sparqs
- Inclusive education research - The University of Edinburgh (Students as Change Agents programme)
- Professional standards framework for student engagement - sparqs
- Methodology for Strategic Conversations - sparqs (DCSA project)
- Decolonising the Curriculum from a student perspective - University of Glasgow
- Full Circle Feedback on the Student Rep Experience: From Rep to Staff - Robert Gordon University
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Students as active partners in shaping their learning experience - Leeds Trinity University College
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- Engaging Students in Online Distance Learning - sparqs