Briefing note for staff on the SFC Review of Coherent Provision and Sustainability - sparqs
In December 2020 sparqs published a briefing note to all student officers to support ongoing engagement of students in the shaping and influencing of the SFC Review of Coherent Provision and Sustainability. To complement this, we have developed, in partnership with the Scottish Funding Council, this briefing note for institutions to help staff explore the best ways to engage students as the review develops.
Student engagement in this review is vital as we explore what the future of Scotland’s FE and HE sectors will look like. The digital revolution, student mental health & wellbeing, sustainability & the environment, and a tertiary approach to education and skills are just a few of the topics this review covers, and we know student officers will have many contributions to share about the opportunities and challenges any changes may bring for students.
The briefing has been designed to provide institutions with some suggestions as to how staff can engage student officers, and also how they can work with those officers to support wider student engagement. We do not anticipate that staff will be able to do everything suggested; instead, we recommend staff explore the list of suggestions and consider what works best for their students and their institution, at this time, to ensure meaningful engagement.
The briefing note for student officers published in December 2020 is also available in this Resource Library, along with a further briefing for officers published in March 2021, as the review moved into its third and final stage.
For further information, please contact:
- Name – Stef Black
- Role – Senior Development Consultant
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – 07977 980867
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Students as active partners in shaping their learning experience - Leeds Trinity University College
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- Engaging Students in Online Distance Learning - sparqs