Departmental Representation Toolkit - sparqs
Course reps usually engage with teaching staff. Senior student officers regularly speak to senior managers and sit on institution-wide committees. But what connects the two? What links the "front line" of learning and teaching with the strategic level?
In 2012 we published a toolkit containing questions, examples of good practice and guidance for developing effective student engagement at the departmental level. To inform the toolkit, we undertook research into departmental representation around the country in both universities and colleges, helped by a working group of staff and students from across the sector.
To download the Toolkit please see link below:
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Engaging Students in Online Distance Learning - sparqs
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Student Representative Handbook - Robert Gordon University