Student Engagement Strategy 2020 - University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)
Early in 2020 our Student Engagement Group (made up of staff and student reps from across the institution) set about developing a vision and strategy for the first time. The strategy does not specifically mention COVID, as responding to the pandemic is something that falls across all our areas of work.
Our strategy states that our “vision for student engagement at the University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) is for students to be partners in their own learning, and in shaping change to bring improvements in their own and others’ learning experience with us.”
Under this vision, we set out key objectives including contributing to the delivery of the University Strategic Vision and Plan, engaging our students as partners in the delivery of their education, providing students with the opportunity to engage with the university in a way that is most relevant to them, and ensuring that our work is evidence-based.
We then detail how our main areas of work contribute to these objectives. During the academic year we measure our progress alongside an action plan.
For further information, please contact:
Name – Kevin Sinclair
Role – Student Engagement Manager
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 07796930044
- Student Learning Experience - sparqs
- Online Student Learning Experience Model - Perth College UHI
- Theory of partnership: Ladder of Citizen Participation - Sherry R Arnstein
- Understanding the SU's key relationships: The Cadogan Matrice
- Framework for the Development of Strong and Effective College Students
- Hearing the Student Voice Involving Students in Curriculum Design and Development - Various
- Engaging Students in Online Distance Learning - sparqs
- Grid for developing tools of feedback from students - sparqs
- A Student Engagement Framework for Scotland - sparqs and sector partners
- Student Representative Handbook - Robert Gordon University